Master of Science:
Major in Reading with a Pennsylvania Reading Specialist Certificate
Become a Leader. Cultivate Literacy Growth.
Get your Masters in Reading with a Pennsylvania Reading Specialist Certification.
Government initiatives focus on high-quality education for all children, and a key component is achieving grade-level goals for students struggling with reading in primary and secondary school. The online Reading Specialist graduate program provides PreK-12 teachers with a comprehensive literacy curriculum that addresses diverse learning needs. The Masters in Reading courses focus on literacy assessment, vocabulary and comprehension, developing reading and writing across curricula, and literacy leadership and coaching.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Plan, administer, score, and interpret a variety of literacy assessments
- Develop and deliver literacy intervention instruction that addresses students’ specific needs
- Select, implement, and evaluate research-based instructional strategies for their impact on student achievement
- Collaborate with teachers and educational support personnel to improve literacy at all levels and across all content areas
- Become an agent for change in your school’s reading and literacy program