Join Our Team
The National Institute for Professional Practice is home to nearly 100 faculty members with a variety of backgrounds and experience in education. They choose the National Institute because they enjoy collaboration and want to be part of a team that helps educators reach their goals to affect student achievement. And with the flexibility online courses provide, faculty members can facilitate courses and mentor students on their own schedules and from any location.
Benefits to Becoming a National Institute Faculty Member
- No course material to prepare – We create it, but you get to apply your knowledge and style to guide students through the coursework and enrich their learning experience.
- Small study groups – With a maximum of 10 learners per course, you can dedicate more time to mentoring each student.
- User-friendly technology – With an easy user-interface, you’ll spend less time trying to figure out our system so you can spend more time with your students.
- Flexible schedule – Online courses allow you to set your own schedule – work weekdays, weekends, days, or nights.
- Master's degree (must correspond to subject(s) facilitated)
- Minimum of five years experience in an age-appropriate classroom in a public school system
- Experience in adult education
- Basic computer skills (e-mail, word processing, etc.)
- Access to a computer, printer, Microsoft Word, and a broadband Internet connection
- Deep content knowledge in the subject you wish to facilitate and awareness of current research in that subject
- Philosophical alignment with the program
- Student-centered approach to learning, both with online learners and K-12 learners
- Commitment to detail – timeliness, responsiveness and responsibility to the learner
- Ability to offer constructive feedback