How to Register for a Course
After completing the online application you may register for courses. Follow the instructions below.
- Select the Student Login link on our website.
- Under "Register for a Course," choose the program to which your course belongs. For courses in the Art & Science of Teaching program, you will access a login page at the National Institute for Professional Practice. For courses in all other programs, you will access the login page at Wilkes University. Follow the corresponding instructions below to continue your registration.
National Institute for Professional Practice
- Select "Create an Account."
- Complete pages 1-4.
- Enter your account information
- Log in.
- Review organizational questions.
- Enter the Wilkes Identification Number (WIN) you received after completing your application and press the "Submit" button. If you have applied to Wilkes University but do not know your WIN, call the Wilkes University Help Desk at 866.264.1462.
- Once you are logged in, select "Explore."
- Select a program.
- Select a course.
- Read all course information and then select "Continue."
- Read the special requirements for the course and then select "Continue."
- Choose the "Pay tuition" radio button and then press the "Register" button.
- Select a study group by clicking on "Join" next to the desired group.
- Complete your registration by paying for the course. Please note that you must pay for the course in order to be registered. Call the National Institute for Professional Practice Help Desk at 888.235.6555 if you experience technical difficulties.
If you would like to register for a course online you may do so through the Wilkes portal using the information below:
- Go to the Wilkes portal
- Log in with user ID (WIN) and PIN (created by you at time of application)
- Click on Register or Add/Drop Classes
- Enter the 5 digit CRN (Student Registration Number) of the courses you wish to add. CRN numbers can be found on the Wilkes website under the calendars and schedules link
- Log in to the Wilkes portal by entering your user name and password.
- Select the "Student Services" tab.
- Under the My Registration section, select "Register or Add/Drop Class."
- Select a term and press "Submit."
- Enter the Course Registration Number (CRN) for the section for which you wish to register. Find CRNs in the Current Student section of the National Institute website:
- Go to www.ProfessionalPractice.org.
- Select "Current Students" from the main menu.
- Select "CRNs" from the drop-down menu.
- Open the CRN document for the session in which you want to take a course. (To find the dates for a specific session, view the Academic Calendar on the Current Students page.)
- Once you have decided on a section, enter the corresponding CRN in the Wilkes University Portal, and click the "Submit Changes" button to finalize your registration. Your status should be "Web Registered." If you do not see these words, the section is likely full. You must choose a different section.
- Click the "Back to Student Services" tab to make arrangements to pay for your course.
- Under the My Account section, choose "Pay by Credit/Debit" or "Pay by Web Check" and complete the payment form.
- Make sure to select the semester in which you are enrolled and enter your payment information and billing address.
- Payment for all courses in the Wilkes University Portal is automatically deferred until 30 days after the desired session ends. You may pay for a course at the time of registration, any time during your session, or up to 30 days after your session ends.
- Once you submit your payment information, a confirmation will appear on the next screen, which you can print for your records.
For help registering for Wilkes University courses, please call Graduate Admissions at (800) WILKES-U Ext. 4245